Boston Dance Alliance seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial nonprofit leader to spearhead the next phase of its organizational development. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) has overall strategic and operational responsibility for BDA’s two-person staff, programs, and execution of its mission, including infrastructure-building and public advocacy for the field of dance. This is a full-time position. Compensation is competitive with comparable nonprofit organizations (budget < $300,000) and commensurate with experience. Start date is January 1, 2015.
Established in 1985, BDA serves as a catalyst and convener, helping the Greater Boston dance community to operate more efficiently and deliver artwork more effectively. With a comprehensive matrix of programs and services, BDA strives to build dance audiences, increase access to dance for communities of all kinds, and promote artistic quality of the highest order in all dance genres. Working closely with our peer organizations in Boston and nationally, BDA provides critical education, connections, and business savvy, allowing members to dedicate more energy to creating and presenting dance.
Leadership & Management:
· Act as the central voice of Boston’s dance community and facilitate the connectivity of members to resources, services, and to one another.
· Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and responsiveness to the needs of BDA’s constituents.
· Oversee consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, and communications.
· Actively engage and energize BDA members, volunteers, board members, and funders.
· Effectively lead, develop, and retain staff consisting of a member services coordinator and a marketing/design associate.
Fundraising, Revenue Generation & Communications:
- · Using action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and innovative approaches, sustain and develop revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing programs and new initiatives.
- · Develop relationships and weave networks to generate new opportunities for BDA and its members.
· Deepen and refine BDA’s web presence, written communications, and use of social media to build awareness and appreciation of BDA and its mission.
All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, revenue generation and financial management experience, preferably in an arts-focused nonprofit organization. We are interested in candidates who can point to specific examples illustrating:
- · Senior management experience, especially experience setting and implementing strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff and manage a budget.
· Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of institutional and individual stakeholders and diverse cultures.
· Ability to connect deeply with Boston’s diverse dance community.
· Strong writing, public speaking, and advocacy skills.
To apply, please email resume and supporting materials, including up to three references, by September 30, 2014, to BDASearch@gmail.com. All inquiries will be kept confidential.