Southside Cultural Center of Rhode Island (SCCRI) is a non-profit community-based multidisciplinary and multicultural art and cultural center located in Trinity Square on the south side of Providence. Its mission is to connect, cultivate, and engage community through the arts. As an annex to a 150-year-old United Methodist Church complex, the Center supports multiple performance spaces—including a 350-seat theatre—in a historic building at the intersections of Broad Street and Elmwood Avenue in Providence. Currently the Center hosts seven local arts organizations as partner tenants, with many more artists and others using the building through short and long term space rental agreements.
We are seeking a culturally-sensitive, self-directed, and mission-driven individual with demonstrated experience in arts programming, performance staging and venue management to join our team. The team leading Executive Director is joined by a group of staff, tenant partner arts organizations, and volunteer board of directors who are actively engaged in the programming and development of the Center.
The Program Manager is a new position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of a proactive equitable venue use plan in collaboration with staff, board and tenant partners
- Lead the development and implementation of a revenue-generating financial model for SCCRI based upon the draft venue use plan in collaboration with staff, board and tenant partners
- Lead the development and implementation of a plan for the 2017 inaugural season per the draft use plan and budget for the venue spaces in collaboration with staff, board and tenant partners
- Develop and manage the venue calendar of events and schedule for maximum utilization of the venue spaces
- Respond to all inquiries and requests for rental of venue spaces
- Process rental agreements and payments according to established systems; participate in updating systems as needed
- Network to create awareness in the community and beyond for the programming and venue space availability
- Work with the marketing team to maintain an up-to-date and timely website and other media tools for marketing all of the above
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following characteristics and experience:
- Will have demonstrated experience in the performing arts and arts management
- Will thrive working in a fast-paced environment where every day is different
- Will be detailed oriented and highly organized
- Will be able to work within a group and individually to set and then meet goals and deadlines
- Will be at ease working in a culturally and economically diverse community
- Will have excellent written and oral communication skills; bilingual a plus but not required
- Will have strong computer skills
- Will be available to work nights and weekends to meet programmatic needs
Reports to Executive Director
Work week will begin at 30 hours and move to full time position within 9 – 12 months. Salary and benefits will be negotiated based upon skill level and experience.
This search is being conducted by Southside Cultural Center of Rhode Island. Submit resume and cover letter to the attention Richardson Ogidan firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled, but applicants are encouraged to submit resume by December 15, 2016. No phone calls please.