Salary: AmeriCorps*VISTA members receive living allowance, Education Award or stipend, Child care and health benefits
Start Date: August 4, 2014 to August 3, 2015
CityArts seeks to fill an AmeriCorps VISTA position (Advancement Coordinator) to grow and expand arts learning opportunities and programs for urban at-risk youth, through institutional advancement activities. This position requires a broad spectrum of responsibilities from fund development, information technology, communications, marketing, social media, digital design, presentations, and volunteer recruitment. Specifically, VISTA Advancement Coordinator will help strengthen data collection, tracking systems and reporting student outcomes; assist with fund development efforts from grants research, writing and events; build tools to communicate and raise awareness for community youth arts development; and engage volunteers in service.
CityArts is located in Providence’s Southside, with programs taking place at our art center and in schools and agencies across Providence. Youth arts programs expand learning for elementary and middle school youth, during out-of-school time and the school day through arts- integration residencies. Through four distinct programs: Open Enrollment, PASA AfterZones, Expanded Day Teaching Artist Project, and Community Partnerships, CityArts programs serve hundreds of urban youth.
This position requires a dynamic, organized, creative multi-tasker, who is passionate about non-profit arts management and urban at-risk youth.
The CityArts Advancement Coordinator will
• support relationship networks with partners, funders, donors, and CityArts Board/Staff
• Develop and assist in data collection and design of evaluation system for programs
• Recruit volunteers, and assist in major fund development activities including individual giving campaigns, grant writing, and events
• Outreach and disseminate information through communication/marketing strategies, design print/digital media, and participation in off-site events/activities
Desirable Skills, Experiences, and Qualities
• Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Marketing/Communications, Humanities, or Social Work
• Deep experiences and passion for working with community youth arts and non-profits
• Hands-on experience in grant writing, fundraising events, and donor appeals in a charitable non—profit or campaign setting
• Excellent writing, communication and marketing skills / social media / networking
• Leadership and collaborative team skills, and positive compassionate energy
• Confident with technology—data collection, multi-media documentation, creative applications and social media. Experience with FileMaker Pro, Excel, Word, InDesign, Constant Contact, Web, I-Movie, Vimeo, and Giftworks
• Understanding of youth leadership, youth development, education, and social justice issues
• Flexibility and enthusiasm to take on multiple roles and tasks–excellent organizing skills and comfort in office
• Interest in career and/or deep exposure in urban community youth arts development
• Commitment to community service
• Comfort/fluency in Spanish is not required, but considered a plus
How to Apply
All interested candidates can advance a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, but MUST complete a full application by 6/6/14 through the AmeriCorps portal: www.myamericorps.gov and search CityArts / Advancement Coordinator.