Location: Woonsocket, RI
Start Date: Immediately
Youth and Family Support Director
Created September 15, 2014
Title: Youth and Family Support Director
Overview: ¾ time position responsible for creating and/or supporting prevention and empowerment programs and services for Woonsocket area youth and families, with special focus on at-highest-risk populations. The Youth and Family Supports Director will implement new strategies and add components to support Riverzedge Arts’ successful, high-impact programs in art and design-focused social enterprise, alternative pathways to high school credit/diploma attainment and leadership development for families. Special attention will be given to furthering program outcomes in educational and economic success, family cohesion and function, community and civic leadership, and future aspirations.
Position activities apply and adapt Riverzedge Arts’ nationally recognized best practices, depth program models, and high performance partnerships with schools and community organizations to create positive environments and opportunities for effective relationship building, individual and collective action, and measurable success by and for those served in our programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working with other directors and partners to set program and service goals, ensure goals are met, and track success of programs, strategies and interventions
• Align services and strategies with primary partner teams
• Coordinate recruitment, planning and execution for Woonsocket Parent Leadership Training Institute in conjunction with community teams and partners and ensure the program’s smooth operation.
• Work closely with existing teen programs to help highly at-risk teenagers achieve greater academic success and confidence through direct service, network building and real world learning opportunities
• Work with Riverzedge staff, regional school personnel, PLTI Facilitators and other non-profits to create pathways and systems for greater youth and adult knowledge, skill building and educational, social and economic outcomes
• Counsel youth and families as needed
• Work with Riverzedge leadership to grow/develop strong cooperative relationships with the widest variety of businesses, schools, city agencies, cultural and community partners to ensure the widest network of support for each youth and family.
Qualifications: You are an unstoppable creative problem solver who teens want to be around, with high-level case management skills and a proven track record of fostering community success. Certifications would be an asset but are not a requirement.
• Maters Degree preferred in Psychology, Sociology, Education and/or related experiential projects
• Natural leader
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly motivated, dependable, and detail oriented
• Able to work independently and with others collaboratively
• Able to approach situations and people with a great deal of humor
• Must be creative and engaging
• Knowledge of local governmental (city, school and state) policies and issues useful.
Terms: This is a part time salaried position at 25 hours per week with additional training and professional development time. During the PLTI Program, one late evening (9pm) per week. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience, and subject to terms of employment. Strong opportunities for expansion to full-time predicated on successful performance of duties.
Supervision: This position is supervised directly by the Executive Director and the Program Director
About Riverzedge Arts: For more information about RiverzEdge Arts, please visit www.riverzedgearts.org.
Riverzedge Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes the importance of diversity within its workforce and recruitment. Riverzedge makes all decisions which affect terms of employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, political belief or affiliation, religious belief, sexual orientation, military status, disability or any other protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: resume, cover letter and evidence of past results to Riverzedge Arts, 196 Second Avenue, Woonsocket, RI 02895.