Job Title: Administrative Assistant (part time)
Organization: Jamestown Arts Center
Location: Jamestown, RI
The Jamestown Arts Center (JAC), a dynamic visual and performing arts organization, is seeking a highly organized and efficient Administrative Assistant to join the team in a part-time capacity (15 hours per week).
In addition to being a creative thinker, the ideal candidate has experience with office management systems, possesses excellent computer skills (Office: Mac, DonorPerfect and Google Drive/Docs), accurate data entry skills, and is energized by interacting with art enthusiasts and the general public.
The mission of the Jamestown Arts Center is to engage, enrich and inspire our community through extraordinary arts and educational experiences.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director this position provides administrative support for the Executive Director, Director of Marketing and Communications, Education Coordinator, and Exhibition & Events Coordinator. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, as well as recommend changes in office practices and/or procedures.
• Utilizes DonorPerfect to track donations from various fund raising campaigns, record new memberships, and capture key constituent information.
• Creates and mails appropriate thank you letters acknowledging donations and memberships in a timely fashion.
• Ensures that the membership, mailing, and email lists are up-to-date and accurate through the maintenance of the Excel file, MailChimp and DonorPerfect records.
• Notifies members when their memberships are ready to expire and directs them to the JAC website for renewal.
• Supports the Marketing and Communications Director to expand the reach of Center sponsored events by updating sandwich boards, posting flyers in Center lobby, front desk, and designated Jamestown locations.
• Answers phone and receives Center visitors.
• Remains informed of all Center activities in order to provide accurate and timely information to callers and visitors.
• Assists Education Coordinator with class and workshop registrations including the updating of class lists/Google Docs, receiving and processing online registrations, accepting and processing payments in person and via telephone.
• Provides support to Exhibit & Events Coordinator by executing a variety of duties and tasks associated with launching and wrapping up exhibits and events.
• Establishes, develops, maintains and updates both the hard copy and electronic filing systems ensuring ease of use when retrieving files/information.
• Generates general correspondences and proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
• Excellent computer skills: Proficient with Office:Mac ,DonorPerfect and Google Drive/Docs, and mail merge: Ability to upload/download software programs and troubleshoot minor computer issues.
• Excellent interpersonal and phone skills; professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Self-motivated, takes initiative, has ability to learn quickly.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
• Ability to develop and maintain office and file systems (paper and electronic).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
HOURS/Compensation: This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Specific days and hours are to be determined although the Center’s greatest need is Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30AM to 2:30PM. Occasional additional hours (including evenings and weekends) may be requested for special events and meetings. $15.00/hour.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3 years of work experience in an office administrative support position.
• Non-profit experience strongly preferred.
The JAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the JAC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Email resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to: Administrative Assistant Position Jamestown Arts Center P.O. Box 97 Jamestown, Rhode Island 02835
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.