Providence Art Club
11 Thomas Street
Providence RI 02903
ELEANOR PARKER ANDERSON SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Deadline: September 30, 2005 at 4pm.
The Providence Art Club is now accepting exhibition proposals for review from young artists in Rhode Island. This prestigious scholarship provides one young artist with the opportunity to have their first solo exhibition with all expenses paid at the historic Providence Art Club Dodge House Gallery during the Spring 2006 season.
Open to all artists under thirty years of age living, working and/or studying in Rhode Island. This must be the first solo exhibition of your career. Proposals of work in any media will be accepted.
The Providence Art Club provides:
- set budget for framing costs if framing is applicable
- food and beverages for the opening reception
- set budget for design, printing and postage of a postcard invitation
- press releases
- listings in Art New England, ArtsMedia, Gallery Guide, and local newspapers
- gallery signage
- physical assistance in preparing the space/installation
- processing of all sales (the Art Club receives 40% of all sales of artwork)
- some insurance of artwork (the Providence Art Club carries a blanket policy covering fire, theft, and breakage. The insurance value is considered 2/3 of the sale price, but no piece is insured for more than $250)
Please visit www.providenceartclub.org for guidelines and application.
Contact: Lauren Cicione, Gallery Director, 401.331.1114 ext. 5