This call invites artists working in any medium to submit works for inclusion in the following exhibits. Works for hanging, installation or free-standing will be considered. Exhibition space is open to the public Tuesday-Friday 11:am-5:pm, weekends from noon-4:pm and Thursday evenings from 6-9:pm
”Curiosities” Works that reveal the inner workings of things – the magical, or
the imagined. Exhibition will take place from January 29th – February 28th.
“Reconfigured” Works that experiment with the figure, gesture, and human expression. Exhibition will take place from March 1st – April 15th.
“Spring and Garden Show” This show is geared toward the gardener. We’re looking for functional pottery, decorative outdoor pieces and works inspired by the Spring. The dates for this show coincide with those getting back into their gardens as well as Mother’s Day. April 15th – May 31st.
”Seeking Common Ground” Works that seek to ask hard questions about identity, politics, or culture. Exhibition takes place from June 1st – July 15th, 2009
Juried Selection process will take place electronically so please e-mail jpgs or send disc to:
30 Cutler Street box #8
Warren, RI 02885
Artists may submit up to 3 works, fees are as follows; 1 entry-$15, 2 entries-$28, 3 entries-$35. Each proposal/entry will be reviewed and notification of acceptance will be made within 14 days of each deadline.
Artwork delivery/return and installation
• Gallery Specs:17′ x 24′ – 10′ height
• Mudstone reserves the right to reject any work that significantly differs from the entry images/proposals.
• Shipped work must be sent in a reusable container with pre-paid return shipping. Work will be returned in same manner as delivered, via UPS or USPS.
• Accepted works will remain on display for the duration of the exhibition, and must be picked up within a week of the exhibitions end date.
Sale of work
• Mudstone Gallery will retain a 30% commission of the listed sale price.
• January 15th- deadline for electronic submissions for “Curiosities”. Drop-off and installation of accepted works: January 23rd-26th Show ends February. 28th.
• February 15th –deadline for electronic submissions for “Reconfigured”. Drop off and installation for accepted works: February 20th-25th. Show ends April 14th.
• April 1st –deadline for electronic submissions for “Spring Garden”. Drop off and installation for accepted works: April 7th-11th. Show ends May 31st.
• May 18th –deadline for electronic submissions for “Finding Common Ground”. Drop off and installation for accepted works: May 24th-28th. Show ends July 15th
Openings will be scheduled closer to each event and will coincide with the events of surrounding businesses when possible.