The HEALING ARTS: New Pathways to Health
Position Available: Program Assistant
We are seeking a reliable individual who is self-directed and has excellent communication, program management and organizational skills to join The Healing Arts: New Pathways To Health program, an award winning regional arts and healing program that brings high quality interactive arts to people living with chronic healthcare issues and those who care for them. Effective written and verbal communication with artists, non-profit and hospital staff and administration is key part of job. Applicant must have excellent computer literacy and the ability to quickly master new online services and various software programs (such as Google documents, Constant Contact, Quickbooks, etc.) Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel is essential, and web design experience is a plus. Experience in (or skills comparable to) development, fundraising support and grant writing is a plus.
- Set and execute weekly work plan priorities and tasks for Healing Arts Program.
- Communicate with Healing Arts artists, non-profit organizations and hospital site staff and administration to coordinate meetings and programs
- Organize schedule and meetings for Healing Arts program. Maintain program calendar and work plan. Organize and maintain all digital and hard copy records and files for program
- Organize and prepare conference materials, conference calls, meeting agendas, reports, etc.
- Provide logistical support: Attend team meetings and conferences, and execute follow-up tasks
- Recruit new artists as needed
- Communicate with film distribution company
- Prepare and distribute evaluation forms, contracts or and/or write-ups as needed
- Update materials and content for Healing Arts web site
- Prepare drafts of correspondence and/or proofread materials as needed
- Assist Program Director with other tasks as needed
- Program Assistant is also responsible for general administrative support for program
(eg. facilitating computer repair, printing, etc.)
Hours, Salary and Travel Requirement(s)
The Program Assistant position is a 20-30 hour per week position. Salary is $14-$20 per hr. based on experience and includes benefits. There is some opportunity to work remotely, but applicant needs to be available to meet with the Executive Director in North Bennington , VT office and/or Boston / Cambridge , Ma as needed. (We are willing to accept qualified applicants living in New England States who can travel to meetings as needed) This job requires 15- 25 days per year of traveling within the New England region.
To apply, please send a cover letter, two work references and a resume to Iona Woolmington, Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org, For More Information, please visit our web site at www.artsandhealing.net
The Program Assistant position starts April 1 2010