Juror Eva Frosch, Co-owner, frosch&portmann, New York
Eva Frosch studied Art History at the University of Zurich, Switzerland. Eva moved to New York in 2004 where she was a fellow at the Museum
of Modern Art, worked for the artist Peter Halley, and, most recently, was the Gallery Director at Jack the Pelican Presents in Brooklyn.
30 November 2010, 11 p.m. EST
15 December 2010, via email. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Prize recipients will receive a phone call.
25 artists will be selected by the juror and archived on this website. Each artist will have their own page that will feature an image, caption information, and a link to the artist’s website. We will produce a Press Release and obtain Reviews. Currently our private network (offline
database) includes over 13,000 contacts spanning 106 countries. Furthermore, we will have an announcement sent via email to an
aggregate of over 76,000 subscribers.
$5,000 USD (1st Prize: $2,500; 2nd Prize: $1,500; 3rd Prize: $1,000). The juror, Eva Frosch, will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Prize recipients.
Dave Bown will be buying works of art, on an ongoing basis, from select artists as submissions are received.
Process: Early entries are encouraged. Previewing will occur on a daily and weekly basis by Dave Bown and Eva Frosch as submissions are received.
This competition is open to all visual artists who are 18 years of age or older. All styles and media are eligible. You will retain the copyright to
your images. We will not handle the sale of your work. All inquiries will be forwarded to you and/or your gallery.
Entry Fee: A non-refundable $30 USD entry fee is required. There are no additional fees.
Please note the following options for payment of the entry fee:
* You can pay using PayPal. You don’t need a PayPal account to use your credit or debit card to pay the entry fee using PayPal, simply click
on the Pay Entry Fee button below. If you have a PayPal account, Send money to: email@example.com or 917-365-5265
* You can call us at (917) 365-5265 and we can process your payment information (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). Or we can call you at your preferred time. Send us an email with your name, phone number, time zome, and the best time to call (e.g., morning, afternoon,
* You can pay via wire transfer. Please note that all wire transfer fees must be paid by you. The incoming wire transfer fee is $10 USD, so you
must send $40 USD. Click here for our banking and wire transfer information.
After you pay the entry fee, copy and paste your PayPal Receipt No: (e.g., 4341-5411-8760-4403) or type Wire Transfer into the Subject line of a
new email from you to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach up to 4 images. JPEG format and no larger than 1 MB each.
Name your files after the following manner:
FirstName_LastName_01.jpg ___ FirstName_LastName_02.jpg ___ FirstName_LastName_03.jpg ___ FirstName_LastName_04.jpg
Video, web-based, and performance artists do not attach files. Simply include the URL in the body of the email.
Copy and paste the caption information (title, year, medium, and dimensions) for each of your images into the body of the email and click send.
We look forward to viewing your work.
* Pay the entry fee.
* Send us an email with 4 JPEG images attached and the caption information in the body of the email.
* Tell your friends about this competition.
To apply online go to: http://davebownprojects.com/submissions.html