Dear Readers, get out this Friday night to enjoy a few cocktails and mingle with Boston’s production & post community!
Socialize and network at the this Friday, June 25th in John Hancock Hall at the Back Bay Events Center in Boston for what will be largest gathering of Final Cut Pro, Avid & Adobe editors, HD-DSLR & digital filmmakers, content creators & Gurus on the East Coast in 2010!
FIRST ANNUAL BOSTON SUPERMEET
DATE: Friday, June 25, 2010
TIME: Digital Showcase opens at 4:30PM; SuperMeet stage show begins at 7:00PM
LOCATION: John Hancock Hall
Back Bay Events Center
180 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116
Complimentary Food (snacks) & Cash Bars will be available!
Connect & interact with industry leaders you want to meet. Get seen by showing your films in Open Screen Theatre. See exciting “show and tells” from some very special guest filmmakers. Win from over $50K in filmmaker-related prizes & have a great, fun time at it!
FREE DISCOUNT CODE “supervip”
To celebrate the first ever SuperMeet on the East Coast, we’re extending special free discount code “supervip” – our gift to you to join us for a great time! Here’s how to get your discounted tickets:
- Go to supermeetbos10.eventbrite.com
- Click on “ENTER DISCOUNT CODE”
- Enter discount code “supervip” and click on “APPLY DISCOUNT”
- Proceed to register for free with legitimate email and address for EACH name. A confirmation email ticket will be sent to each person who registers.
- Rodney Charters, ASC (DP on FOX NETWORK’s “24″) on HD-DSLR filmmaking in Hollywood
- David Bigelow of Gray Matter Entertainment on making HD Video for ZZ Top, Carole King and James Taylor
- Avid’s Matt Feury and CDIA-BU graduate Erin Gallagher of Powderhouse productions on Erin’s editorial work on Discovery’s “Build it Bigger” and other projects
- Montreal-based filmmaker Marc-André Ferguson on demystifying Autodesk’s Smoke on Mac OS X as a finishing and 3D visual effects tool
- Director/editor Mitch Jacobson on his work for the recent U2 Tour and his secret “Thrash Cut” multicamera grouping trick using Final Cut Pro
- Editor Abba Shapiro on “Best of the Best” editorial Tips, Tricks, and Secret Techniques in FCP 7 to make you edit faster and smarter
Plus New England Filmmaking show & tells from musical artist Casey Desmond and New Hampshire filmmaker Dan Hannon (THE POND) – and a Filmmaker Raffle with over $50K worth of prizes to give away to dozens of lucky winners.
OPEN SCREEN THEATRE
“Get Seen” in 10 minutes – Show your films in “Open Screen Theatre” in an informal, collaborative setting. Sign ups begin at 4:30PM. Bring your content on DVD or QT movie on flash drive – available for registered SuperMeet ticket holders!
Featuring a Digital Showcase with over 25 digital filmmaking-related developers fresh from NAB including Avid, Adobe, Autodesk, Canon, The Foundry, AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic Design, AV3 Software (“get” for FCP), Boris FX, EditShare, GenArts, Noise Industries, Apogee, G-Tech and many others. Connect with these industry leading vendors to improve your production and post workflows.
For directions to Back Bay Events Center, SuperMeet Agenda updates, raffle prize list and generous sponsors who will be with us visit: supermeet.com