The 5th Annual Rhode Island Innovation Awards will recognize Innovations of the Year in six, separate industry categories:
Energy and the Environment
- Healthcare and Biotechnology
- Manufacturing & Construction (engineering, architecture)
- Social & Community Services (nonprofits, education, government)
- Information Technology
- Professional Services (finance, hospitality, law, etc.)
In addition, there are three individual awards:
- Innovator of the Year
- Rising Star Innovator (under age of 35, including students)
- Innovation Champion (individual or organization that fosters innovation)
Application forms can be downloaded at the Events Page at PBN.com. For additional information, please email Events@PBN.com.
The winners will be selected by a panel of judges, and celebrated at an awards dinner and ceremony September 22, 2010 at Bryant University’s Bello Center. Each will also be profiled in a PBN special supplement.
Application Deadline, August 19, 2010
Rules and Requirements:
- The nominated innovation must have been developed no more than three years before the application deadline (August 19, 2010).
- If the nominated innovation is a product or service, the organization must have brought the innovation to market, or provide evidence that it will be brought to market within two years.
- If the nominated innovation is a process, the organization must have implemented the innovation, or provide evidence that it will be implemented within one year of the application deadline.
- If the nominated innovation has led to other innovations, please document the succeeding innovations.
- Nominated organizations must have global or divisional headquarters in Rhode Island. Individuals must be residents of the state, or employed in Rhode Island.
Each award category has its own form with a series of questions. Please provide clear, concise information, keeping applications to no more than ten pages, including supplementary materials.
Completed applications may be emailed to Events@PBN.com, faxed to 401-274-0270, or mailed to Providence Business News, 220 West Exchange Street,
Providence, RI 02874.