“ArtsReach” Out-of-School program at the Attleboro Arts Museum
The Attleboro Arts Museum & the Boston Institute for Arts Therapy seeks an energetic and dynamic individual to develop and lead our after school program for youth in Attleboro and surrounding towns.
Position Summary: The person in this position as Program Director will act as administrator for the ArtsReach after-school outreach program and for the Museum School arts education program. S/he will have the ability to market the programs and recruit students and teachers. The Program Director will be flexible with her time and coordinate with other activities at the Museum. S/he will ensure that the program meets performance guidelines and will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Responsibilities/Performance Expectations:
· Provide administrative, supervision and direction to Staff regarding day-to-day operations.
· Function as coordinator for all center-based and off-site group activities to ensure congruency with program goals and mission.
· Monitor participants’ individual participation and attendance in program components.
· Establish linkages with community resources. Maintain open communications with off-site service providers, monitor service delivery and provide periodic site visits.
· In conjunction with artist in residence assist youth participants in the development of individualized program schedule.
· Facilitate weekly staff meetings.
· Maintain confidential case files for each youth participant.
· In conjunction with artist in residence, plan and facilitate program development activities.
· Organize and coordinate evaluation of all on-site and off-site program activities.
· Fulfill specific functions and responsibilities as assigned by Directors and Steering Committee.
Required Qualifications and Skills
· Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills, and experience working as part of collaboration within a cultural community.
· Demonstrated understanding of the issues confronting adolescent girls and boys and high-risk teens.
· Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility as assigned and able to work well with a team.
· Sensitivity to racial and cultural diversity and sexual orientation.
· Expertise in visual and/or performing arts.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
Masters Degree in Arts Administration a plus. Bachelor’s Degree in related fields such as the visual and performing arts or arts education is required. Prior experience working with youth in related settings is a must.
Terms of Employment: 35 hrs/wk
Compensation based on experience; health benefits available
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail only. firstname.lastname@example.org,
Please label each attached document with “Your Name”. Position open until filled.
Apply to: ArtsReach search committee, Attleboro Arts Museum ext.17.
BIAT & Attleboro Arts Museum recognize and appreciate the benefits of diversity in the workplace and
is actively seeking a diverse staff reflective of the communities it serves.