Organization: Trinity Repertory Company
Salary: commensurate with experience
Start Date: as soon as the right candidate is identified
Trinity Rep seeks an Assistant Director of Individual Giving to join its development team.
The Assistant Director of Individual Giving is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors of $500 – $2,499 in support of Trinity Rep’s philanthropic goals, including the current $18 million Theater for Every Generation Campaign. This position will identify prospects and manage their relationships by participating in solicitations both singly and in conjunction with Board members and other staff. This position must be capable of working both independently and as part of Trinity Rep’s 7-person development team.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Individual Giving, the Assistant Director of Individual Giving will be responsible for the following:
* Managing a portfolio of approximately 300 mid-level (mainly $500-$2,499) donors and prospects that includes:
- Developing, coordinating and executing solicitation strategies for existing mid-level donors and mid-level donor prospects, including coordinated joint solicitation with volunteers and Trinity Rep staff as needed (including cultivation events, face to face meetings, phone, written communications via e-mail and mail, seat notes, etc.);
- Commitment to mutually agreed upon monthly/quarterly fundraising goals within the context of portfolio donors/prospects as part of the current fiscal year’s Development Plan;
- Developing and preparing briefing material in advance of meetings and solicitations that prepare volunteers and staff and with accurate and appropriate donor/prospect background information;
- Prompt follow-up of all actions.
* Prospecting, solicitation and engagement of all existing $500 – $2,499 donors and donor prospects at this level, including:
- Identifying, ranking and pursuing gifts;
- Monitoring and prodding volunteer solicitors & following up with them about next steps;
- Following up with prospects on behalf of solicitors, as needed;
- Holding tours and personal visits with prospects and sending follow-up thanks yous to all attendees;
- Assisting in scheduling backstage tours, cultivation and solicitation meetings.
* Working with the Associate Director of Individual Giving and the Annual Fund Manager, develop a prospect management system to effectively track, monitor and report on donors and prospects targeted for focused cultivation/solicitation strategies.
* Working directly with the Manager of VIP Services/Special Events to coordinate individual donor cultivation events and Inner Circle donor appreciation events. Act as a staff lead/spokesperson/theater representative at external events when needed.
* Working closely with other staff members to achieve the objectives of the department.
* Other activities as necessary and directed.
* Bachelor’s degree with excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of fundraising experience.
* Highly motivated and works well independently, as well as in a team environment. Ability to meet deadlines is a must.
* Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Strong computer skills, with the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and databases, as well as advanced skills in internet research and word processing.
* Raiser’s Edge proficiency.
* Commitment to performing arts and building community relationships desired.
* Commitment to team orientation and willingness to participate in constant and ongoing feedback with colleagues.
* Willing to travel throughout the state, as necessary.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule around planned meetings and events, sometimes including nights and weekends.
Please send resume and cover letter to Kathryn Calnan, Director of Development, Trinity Repertory Company, 201 Washington Street, Providence, RI 02903 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.