THE MANTON AVENUE PROJECT seeks a creative and highly-organized individual as its new part-time Managing Director. The Managing Director will assist the Artistic Director by overseeing and executing the organization’s financial and managerial tasks, and providing fundraising and marketing support. A love for theater, the arts and children is imperative. The ideal Managing Director will be an excellent multi-tasker, demonstrate respect for the participating children, their families and the artists who volunteer with the organization and have the ability to balance kindness and compassion with discipline and a no-nonsense attitude. S/he must balance self-sufficiency with strong team-member skills, feel comfortable being a public face of the organization, tirelessly promote the vision and goals of THE MANTON AVENUE PROJECT and be committed to its mission and vision. Command of Microsoft Office applications in preferred. Proficiency in QuickBooks preferred. Proficiency in Spanish ideal. Also indispensable is a healthy sense of humor. This hands-on and intensive position offers many rewards, including the opportunity to collaborate with the vibrant arts community in Providence and to work closely with the wonderfully creative – yet underserved – youth of the Olneyville neighborhood.
Since January 2004, THE MANTON AVENUE PROJECT has been working with children from the economically-challenged Providence neighborhood of Olneyville. Having recently hired a new Artistic Director, THE MANTON AVENUE PROJECT wishes to strengthen its infrastructure further through an expansion of its staff.
· Oversee financial aspects of THE MANTON AVENUE PROJECT
· Perform managerial duties
· Support Artistic Director as an additional MAP leader and contact person for volunteers during rehearsal and
· performance periods
· In conjunction with AD, address and manage various fundraising and marketing needs and initiatives
· Manage the financial records of the MAP (QuickBooks)
· Write all checks and make all payments
· Process payroll
· Make all bank deposits
· File all tax documents
· Acquire all annual insurance policies
· File annual Rhode Island Non Profit report
· Obtain space for all classes, playwriting and performance weekends, prop-making day
· Arrange for transportation for playwrights for playwriting weekend and summer retreats
· Order and set-up lunches for playwriting weekend
· Order office supplies
· Order all candy, mugs, other items for sale at performances
· Oversee organization of storage units
· Assist AD in recruiting stage managers, stage crew, front-of-house personnel and volunteers for propmaking for all
· performances and annual Gala event
· Assist AD in researching and writing grant proposals
· Assist AD and Board of Directors in coordinating special events
· Assist AD to develop fundraising packages and individual giving forms and campaigns
· Provide support at playwriting weekends (as needed)
· Provide as-needed substitute teaching support to AD
· Provide as-needed support for annual Gala event
· Perform miscellaneous duties necessary to keep the organization running
HOURS: Flexible; 10-15 hrs/week
Send resume, the contact info for three professional references, and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience in the above areas and your interest in MAP to email@example.com .
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Feel free to email with questions, but all inquiries should be sent electronically; no phone calls please.
MAP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants, especially those whose experiences and backgrounds are similar to those of the children in the Olneyville neighborhood which we serve.
Thank you for your interest!