Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), one of the world’s most highly regarded colleges of fine arts, architecture and design, is seeking a Graphic Designer to join its award-winning communications team. Under the guidance of the Design Director, the successful candidate will develop creative concepts and execute communication pieces across a variety of platforms (ie: print, web and email) while conscientiously adhering to technical constraints, budget and schedule. Throughout the design process, the Graphic Designer will work closely with the client to ensure concepts and deliverables are aligned to both the client’s needs and the College’s overarching strategic goals. In addition, the ideal candidate will maintain an active interest in the art and design community at large and will make recommendations for how to update existing communication pieces so that they better reflect RISD as a leader within the art and design world.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two to four years of increasingly challenging design experience.
• Ability to work across a range of projects including identity design, print collateral, publication design and online experiences.
• Excellent typographic skills, an understanding of visual systems, an eye for detail and knowledge of design history.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully translate complex ideas into compelling, intuitive visuals.
• Highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, multi-page layout and all print production techniques. Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro and experience with photography preferred but not essential.
• Computer literacy, direct experience in web interface design and basic HTML coding.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Specifically, must be able to build good working relationships with clients and co-workers and, give and receive constructive criticism.
• Highly self-motivated and organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Should exhibit a curiosity about contemporary art and design and maintain an active interest in the design/art community at large.
How to Apply
For more information about RISD or to APPLY ONLINE, please visit our website at http://www.risd.edu/jobs .