Carter Center, 667 Waterman Ave, East Providence, RI
Start Date: Sept 4, 2012
Full Time, Permanent
The Communications Director plans and manages marketing and promotional activities to enhance the public profile of the Providence Singers and build audiences. The Communications Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Artistic Director and marketing volunteers to achieve or-ganizational goals.
Specific Duties Include:
• Prepare and implement marketing plans to promote season and individual concerts
• Participate with staff and board in strategy development for audience engagement
• Develop and implement e-mail, e-newsletter, and social media marketing strategies
• Write and distribute press releases; distribute photos and calendar listings, develop relationships with media to promote media coverage
• Oversee production, mailing, distribution of all promotional materials for the concert season, including season brochures, concert postcards, posters and flyers, and online versions of materials
• Initiate and oversee placement of print and radio ads
• Oversee design and production of concert program books
• Coordinate the production of special event and education program materials as needed
• Recommend and submit marketing material for website
• Manage subscriptions and ticket order processing, maintain database records, prepare box office reports
• Serve as house manager at concerts (or as house contact for concerts at The Vets)
• Assist in developing and implementing corporate sponsorship program
• Oversee preparation of program ad sales materials and assist with program ads campaign
• Assist with other fund development work as needed
• Assist with handling mail, phone calls, providing good customer service
1-3 years of experience in marketing and/or public relations; bachelor’s degree preferred
Positive customer service attitude, enthusiasm for performing arts, effective team skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; creative thinker who enjoys learning
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Strong interest in social media tools and strategies for arts marketing
Working knowledge of electronic marketing platforms such as Vertical Response or Constant Contact
Working knowledge of common design software such as InDesign or Adobe Photoshop; graphic design experience a plus.
The Providence Singers celebrates the choral art through concerts of masterworks and contemporary works, creative collaborations, new music commissions, and choral education programs. The 90-voice chorus presents an annual concert series and appears as guest artist with professional ensembles. For more information, please visit www.providencesingers.org
The Providence Singers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Allison McMillan, Executive Director at
email@example.com and include “Communications Director” in the subject line.