Please join us this Saturday, Sept. 15, from 5 to 8pm to celebrate The
Design Office expansion and 204 Westminster Street, a burgeoning arts
building. 2nd Life, an artist materials resale store and RISD
Exposé, a student-run gallery, will have their premiere opening in the
retail space on the same night. Come see the new spaces, mingle with the
members, celebrate the summer’s work and anticipate the fall
- After almost five years on the 4th floor of 204 Westminster, we’ve moved downstairs.
- Our space has quadrupled its size to 2,500 square-feet.
- With the additional square footage, our membership has been able to grow from 4 to 13 members. Members now represent the
greater field of design — architecture, interior architecture, graphic design, photography and Web development. There are still openings for more members.
- The new D.O. includes an extensive working library, an 8-foot by 8-foot production and workshop table, additional equipment, and a “lunch room” for reading, relaxing and pseudo-productive
Anastasia Congdon and I planned and designed
the new space. Anastasia and Greg Nemes collaborated on the
design and fabrication of custom plywood furniture
- Anther Kiley designed the 204 Westminster building sign that sits above the new first floor tenant. The sign signals the
presence and voice of a diverse group of independent artists and arts
organizations working out of the building.
excited about the projects that the new 204 Westminster will engender. I hope to see you Saturday.
Sarah Verity, Micah Barrett, Anastasia Congdon, Greg Nemes, Markus Berger, Rachel Hulin, Morgan Schwartz, Derek Schusterbauer and Dylan
Street, 3rd Floor, Providence, RI 02903 *http://thedesignoffice.org
you’re driving, make your way around the river (via 95, West side or Jewelry