Location: Providence, ri
Salary: $17 per hour
Start Date: asap
AS220 FINANCIAL MANAGER (PART TIME)
AS220 is a community of artists in downtown Providence that provides open forums and opportunities to Rhode Island artists. AS220 provides an alternative to traditional presenting venues and has gained widespread attention for its commitment to an “open and unjuried”, egalitarian approach to nurturing creative community.
The activities of AS220 include, but are not limited to, around a dozen events each week at our performance space, monthly gallery exhibits, signature annual events, like Foo Fest, AS220 Youth, a free arts program for youth 14-21, and AS220 Industries: Media Arts Lab, Printshop, and Fabrication Lab. In January 2012, AS220 launched 95 Empire, adding a black box theater, dance studio, and a theater arts school. AS220 currently owns and operates three buildings in downtown Providence housing approximately 50 artists as well as commercial and non-profit tenants, providing individual and collaborative work spaces, galleries, venues for performances and exhibitions, and a bar and restaurant under the banner of AS220. The FY13 operating budget of AS220 and related for-profit entities is $3.8 million.
The Financial Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure the financial health of AS220 in order to best implement the mission of the organization. The Finance Manager works closely with the Managing Director and Associate Managing Director to maintain the everyday finances and to develop long-term financial strategies and goals for the organization.
Specific responsibilities fall into the following areas:
• Financial and Budget oversight for AS220
• Maintain and develop financial systems including Quickbooks, cash management,
• Work with the Managing Director and Board Finance Committee to develop budgets and cash flow projections
• Handle deposits for AS220
• Manage Invoicing and Accounts Receivable
• Coordinate audit with the Managing Director and CPA
• Pay bills weekly
• Monthly reconciliations for bank accounts, credit cards, Paypal,
• Quarterly Financial Report for the Board Finance Committee
• Monthly programmatic reports
• Monthly Profit & Loss, and Cash Flow Analysis
• Reporting for Federal and Foundation Grants and funding
• Document internal controls
The ideal candidate will:
Have experience with financial management (preferably non-profit), Quickbooks, and a strong connection to Rhode Island’s art community. The position requires a big picture thinker who pays strong attention to detail and can manage projects independently as well as work in teams. A sense of humor, grace under pressure, and energy for challenges are a must.
AS220 has an equal pay policy; all employees’ salaries are based on $17 per hour and include generous and flexible paid time off and opportunities for professional development.
Prospective candidates should spend some time on our web site as220.org, before applying.
How to Apply
To respond to a posting, send a resume and any other requested materials (see below) to:
AS220 Attn: Jobs
95 Mathewson St, Unit #204
Providence, RI 02903
OR Fax it to 401-454-7445
OR email it to email@example.com